Images courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Stabilizing blood sugar levels in kids from hard places can empower them to have more stable moods and optimal cognitive functioning. High protein snacks and a glass of water every 2 hours is a simple way to empower your child.
Here are some ideas for high-protein snacks:
- Nut butters on apples, crackers, or veggie sticks.
- Beef jerky. (Some kids may be sensitive to the chemicals used to preserve commercial products. Look for preservative free varieties or make your own.)
- Hard-boiled eggs.
- Cheese sticks.
- Protein smoothies/shakes.
- Greek yogurt and fruit.
- Protein bars.
- Veggies topped with cream cheese or hummus.
- Cold meat like grilled chicken or ham.
- Trail mix with nuts and seeds.
- Grain-free granola.
- Toasted chick peas.
What are your go-to protein pick-me-ups?